Project 2 Post

(Un)Natural







While I was growing up in New Hampshire I spent a lot of time outdoors. My dad would regularly take me and my brother on small hikes for fun. I even spent a large amount of my time in high school as part of an outdoor adventure group. Since I've come to Rochester I've felt like I was missing parts of what made me like being home so much. So I decided I'd take some time to observe the small bits of nature that are always around us, and take some photos too!

For this project I set out to capture images that show the intersection between nature and man-made aspects of our world. I wanted to capture the beauty of nature in areas that it was also shaped by unnatural fixtures nearby.  I never really notice the amount of beautiful plant life that is all over our campus, and the way it improves the campus's appearance. I really enjoyed shooting for this project because it got me to look at parts of the world which I see nearly every day, but never really take a moment to observe and enjoy them. Its easy to get caught up in the bad weather and freezing cold days here in Rochester and to become ungrateful. But maybe its not so bad here! I think these photographs do a good job of showcasing that even in Rochester we have some really beautiful areas that shouldn't be taken for granted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unit 3 reading

Project 4: Digital Submission

Reading Response: Disclosure and Uncertainty in Early Photography