Project 3 Digital Submission

For this project I set out to create two images which contrasted with each other but also were connected through a theme. I first looked for areas where the lighting was interesting, and I stumbled on this can of beer which was reflecting a lot of light from the sun. I noticed that it paired well with the photo of the sticker so I put them together. I think these two images contrast a lot visually. The first image has a complex background with warm colors, and the second image's background has cool colors and isn't very complicated. In the center of the image this is reversed. The first image has a cool subject while the second image has a bright red in the center. I did some minor editing to bring out the warm colors in the first photo, and the cool colors in the second one. 

These images together make a point about our democracy. The stepped on and damaged "I voted today!" sticker paints voting in a negative light. This is especially true when it is right next to a piece of trash sitting on the ground. At the critique someone said they thought the meaning of this diptych was "voting is trash," and I think they got it right. That is what I was trying to say with these photos. I am happy with how they turned out as I think they work very well together. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unit 3 reading

Project 4: Digital Submission

Reading Response: Disclosure and Uncertainty in Early Photography